HOLBORN JOB DESCRIPTION
Holborn is an independent reinsurance intermediary committed to achieving our mission by reinvesting in our firm. We deliver responsive account services, customized and proprietary analytics and global access to our clients. Our commitment to employee development, diversity, financial stability and integrity has helped us recruit and retain top talent, attract new business and develop trusting, decades-long relationships with satisfied clients.
A consistent thread runs through all the services Holborn offers – client advocacy. We are committed to understanding each client’s needs, corporate culture, risk tolerance and overall business approach. Rather than presenting a menu of predetermined tools, we deliver a select choice of proprietary analytics and use our expertise to uniquely tailor these services. We maintain a relentless commitment to giving clients what they truly need, with no two client solutions exactly the same.
Given our global reach, access to industry leaders, experience of our people, and presence at industry meetings, we develop leading-edge placement alternatives that offer unique coverage and capacity to each client. All accomplished with a steadfast focus on the long-term.
Looking toward our Centennial in 2020, we’re not only one of the most experienced reinsurance brokers in the world, but also one of a very few independent intermediaries owned by its employees.
Position Title: Programmer/Analyst
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Analytical Services
Location New York, NY
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Head of Actuarial
The Programmer will support Holborn’s analytics team, which is comprised of about 10 actuaries, catastrophe modelers, programmers, and data analysts. The department is primarily responsible for supporting the broking staff in servicing current clients and bringing in new accounts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Programming to develop and maintain existing tools.
- Developing custom and ad hoc solutions for clients.
- Manipulating data and checking for quality/completeness.
- Preparing data for use with models and assisting with the analysis of data.
- Identifying opportunities to streamline the data manipulation process and developing templates and automation to improve productivity.
- Communicating, typically for internal teamwork, with occasional client contact possible.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This job description reflects general details necessary to describe the job’s essential functions and the job’s level of knowledge and skill typically required. The job description should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years relevant experience.
- Experience in insurance or reinsurance strongly preferred, but not required. Finance or accounting environment will be considered.
- Expertise in Excel is required.
- Proficiency with database design and applications such as Access, VBA, and SQL.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of insurance/reinsurance concepts and terminology a plus.
- Ability to work well as part of a team and independently.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels within and outside the organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research, and analytic skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to be flexible in adapting to changes in priorities and assignments.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive information and issues.
Holborn Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Employer and Employee, and is subject to change as the needs of the Employer and requirements of the job change.
SEND ALL RESUMES AND COVER LETTER TO CAREERS@HOLBORN.COM FOR CONSIDERATION.